Chicken & Rice Casserole
Gluten free chicken recipe
Chicken thigh & chicken liver together with highly nutritious brown rice and mouth watering fresh fruit & vegetables. Scrumptious!
If you’re still feeding your dog commercial dog food, we would suggest using this meal as a dressing or topping by combining the two over the course of three or four days. Reduce your dog’s other food accordingly so as to avoid unhealthy weight gain.
This healthy and tasty meal would be just as nourishing for you and your family as it would be for your dog. Top it off with some roast or mashed potatoes and perhaps some extra veg and you’re set to go. Add the Eggshell Powder and salmon oil before serving or apportioning your dog’s food.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Chicken Thigh diced
- 25g (1oz) Chicken Liver diced
- 92g (3 ¼oz) Brown Rice cooked
- 82g (3oz) Carrots skin on, finely diced
- 55g (2oz) Parsnips skin on, finely diced
- 46g (1 ½oz) Cabbage finely chopped
- 46g (1 ½oz) Peas frozen
- 37g (1 ¼oz) Tomatoes skin on, finely diced
- 9g (½oz) Apple skin on, finely diced
- 1g (small pinch) Buckwheat
- 1g (small pinch) Himalayan Rose Pink Salt
- 4g (1 heaped tablespoon) Poultry Herb Blend
- 10g (2 level teaspoons) Eggshell Powder
- 35ml (2 tablespoons) Safflower Oil
- 35ml (2 tablespoons) Olive Oil
Cook and set aside the brown rice. Dice the chicken thigh and the chicken liver and add to a pan with 568ml (1 pint) of water. Add the Poultry Herb Blend and cook on a low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until the liquid is clear and the meat looks cooked. Drain and set aside. Add the carrots and parsnips to the pan and soften on a low heat for 10 minutes. Blend together the rice, the chicken and the vegetables, add the Eggshell Powder, salt and safflower oil and add the mix to an unlidded casserole dish. Top off with a sprinkling of buckwheat and place in the oven (300°F/150°c) for 20 minutes. Allow to cool before apportioning and/or serving. Either freeze what you don’t immediately need or keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More about making homemade dog food.
Principles of canine nutrition.
Read our transitioning guide.
Herb Blends for Dogs
When making homemade dog food for your dog, no recipe is complete without adding one of our unique blends of 100% natural essential vitamins & minerals.
Sign up for our weekly pupdates and make your best friend a happier and healthier dog with homemade dog food.